Monday, August 24, 2015

Return of Fat Bird: The Plot Thickens

Yesterday, I saw no sign of Fat Bird and assumed she had been shot out of the sky by an anti-nuisance missile. This morning, however, I came downstairs to discover that she had not only returned to her spot on the deck, but Clara was talking to her!

"What are they talking about?" you ask.
"Exactly," say I.

Clara was chattering away, as if sharing vital secrets regarding palace dwellers with strangers was a completely normal thing to do.

I told her to stop it at once. She looked cagey and claimed Fat Bird was trying to sell her some carb-free squishy food that had been “found” in a nearby warehouse. Like anyone would be stupid enough to fall for that. She was obviously lying to cover her tracks. She’s up to something; I’m sure of it.

I ordered Fairbanks to keep an eye on the two of them while I took my after-breakfast nap, but who knows if he’ll actually do it? He’s become extremely lazy of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment